T2315-GGG-S0180 Special Gasket Topog-E 15/32 ID x 7/8 OD x 13/32 Thick ROUND
SKU T2315-GGG-S0180 Topog-E
Topog-E® Molded Rubber Gaskets - Series 180 - Gauge Glass Gaskets - We are only able to supply this product in the USA, Canada and Mexico
- The steam boiler market makes extreme demands on gaskets; Topog-E® molded rubber gaskets are specifically formulated to meet and exceed these demands and deliver industry standard performance.
- Topog-E® Series 180 gaskets have been refined through a series of over 600 research formulation tests to ensure that they are able to meet the exacting performance standards of the steam boiler industry.
- Conform to the topography of the mating surfaces.
- Withstand a boiler's full, continuous and cycling operating pressures.
- Withstand continuous exposure to water treatment chemicals.
- Withstand continuous exposure to ion and oxygen attack in hot air.
- Prevents all leakage.
- Replace easily, without chiselling or buffing.
- Special, Proprietary Rubber Composition, Black, 80-85 Durometer.
- Steam boilers: up to 180 psi (12 bar) and 380° F. (193° C)
- Water, condensate, etc. vessels: 200+ psi (14 bar) and less than 300°F. (150°C)
- When used on steam pressure vessels Topog-E® Series 180 gaskets are typically used at operating pressures of up to 180 PSI (12 bar) and saturated steam temperatures up to 380° F. (193° C)
for an average service life of one year. When used in other applications (e.g. condensate, water, and air vessels) Topog-E® Series 180 gaskets are sometimes used at pressures above 200 PSI
(14 bar) where temperatures are typically more moderate (e.g. below 250°F./121°C.). When operating under less severe conditions (e.g. water applications at ambient temperatures) Topog-E®
Series 180 gaskets can provide very long service lives.
- Topog-E® Series 180 gaskets have been used successfully around the world for over forty years. In general, any type of industrial pressure vessel or tank that has inspection openings is a
potential application where Topog-E® Series 180 gaskets can be used as a cost effective sealing device. In addition to using them in steam pressure vessels, customers also use Topog-E® molded
gaskets and sheet material with great success in many other applications:
- Water softeners
- Hot water heaters
- Steam humidifiers and cookers
- Water purifiers and demineralizers
- Refrigeration units
- Liquid treatment vessels
- Carbon absorption and filtering vessels
- Dryer cans in paper mills
- Water hydrants
- Mixing tanks
- Compressed air tanks
- Various types of dryers
- Air starters and receivers
- Hatch covers
- Water towers and columns
- PVC reactor vessels
|Installation Environment & Suitability:
- Installation of Topog-E® gaskets in steam boilers PDF
- Topog-E® Series 180 gaskets are specifically formulated to have excellent resistance to steam and hot and cold water.
- They also have good resistance to:
- Phosphate esters
- Silicone oils and greases
- Dilute acids
- Selected refrigerants
- Animal and vegetable fats
- Water treatment chemicals, when used in accordance with supplier's guidelines, should not have a significant effect on the service life of properly installed Topog-E® Series 180 gaskets.
- Topog-E® Series 180 gaskets are not recommended for use in applications where they see direct exposure to high concentrations of aromatic hydrocarbons, chlorinated solvents, or petroleum
based oils, fuels, and lubricants.
|All Topog-E Shape Gaskets:
All information in this data sheet is based on data believed to be reliable, however we make no guarantee or warranty of performance of Topog-E® Series 180 gaskets. Because there are many application-specific
factors that can affect service life it is always advisable to first test Topog-E® Series 180 gaskets in a particular application to determine their ultimate suitability.